Color Terms to Know:
- Primary-Red, yellow and blue.They can not be mixed or formed by any combination of other colors. All other colors are derived from these 3 hues.
- Secondary- Green, orange and purple. Formed by mixing the primary colors.
- Complementary – colors that are across from one another on the color wheel like red and green
- Analogous – colors that appear next to one another on the color wheel like blue, green, and yellow
- Intermediate/Tertiary Colors: Yellow-orange, red-orange, red-purple, blue-purple, blue-green & yellow-green. Formed by mixing a primary and a secondary color.
- Hue – a color or shade
- Saturation – the intensity of vibrancy of the color
- Value – the lightness or darkness of the color